Monday, October 30, 2006

Leaves Leave . . .

This years cooler than normal, and dryer then normal Fall has made our Vermont Maple trees turn colors in a beautiful way. They don't change at the same time so it's fun to see the timing which has gone on for a month. This shot is a few days before the leaves all left! A wonderful way to be reminded of Dad who sent these tree gifts some 20 years ago as small twigs. They remind me of trees of the Northeast. So with a glorious bloom of yellow they say goodby for another year. Soon we'll be engulfed in grey skies and wet. The holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years with their bright colors and lights will get us through those darker days. But before we know it, those maple trees will bud a faint green to remind us of the cycle we follow.


With winter upon us I went to the store in Gig Harbor and bought some furnace filters. Since it was a nice day I thought I'd try carrying them home on my bike. I did but it was not easy. If I bound them too tight with bungy cord they'd collapse so I took care to tighten just enough.
A better system is needed.


I found these cool treats at home the other day after Sandra and Lydia went to Seattle. The coffee flavor cookies were good! Pocky is always the best!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

ah... i want those coffee mushi! I think I want to book a Thorpe get-away for New Years .... what are you guys thinking?

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

those leaves are as pretty as barbed wire~!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home