Monday, October 23, 2006

Saturday evening in Olympia

Well, it's October when I go to Olympia to video the Job's Daughter Washington event. This year I arrived early enough I was able to setup and take a walking tour of downtown Olympia. I found a great latte (double-tall please) and enjoyed that muchly! It held me for the evening. Of the 9 contestants 4 were finalists and then a 'winner.'
One of the more intersting storefront displays featured this assortment of Japanese booklets and some awesome travel bags. This made me think of Tyler and a suitcase we have that resembles these.

This is an interesting wall I found in an alley in downtown Olympia. There was a Japan theme here and Mt. Fuji and Mt. Rainier were apparently 'sister' mountains.

2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger AL said...

I want to know if you were able to pick the winner out again... or was it a close contest this year?

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

At first I couldn't determine the winner but then when contestant #1 kept winning every award it was not a surprise she won. I didn't pick her to win initially though. Short answer I didn't pick the winner, and it certainly wasn't close. The entertainment was pretty interesting. Perhaps I'll put a SHORT feature up when I get the event edited, two hours this year(!) vs. previous 1 1/2.
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home