Saturday, January 31, 2009

the VAIO laptop lives again....


The ancient Vaio is back in business. I replaced
backlight of the LCD screen for $10. So I keep
the thing limping along....


This is what your laptop screen (or any lcd screen)
looks like when torn down. A variety of light catchers,
image creating sheets and very delicate and precice
surfaces. Don't loose the order!


This is the old backlight... a 14 inch pencil lead thick
light tube that has to be soldered in place and
replaced in an exact position or light will be uneven.


Here's the light tube across the surfaces.


Afer soldering and replacing the light tube here are
the connecting wires for the light power. I should
have shown the ribbon cable connection that fell
apart... that was a victory to reassemble. The entire
project was made necessary when the pinkish glow
lead eventually to flickering and then complete
blackness. So I figured after not wanting to buy an
entire screen ($15o.) I'd chance playing with the
old...what do I have to lose. I worked, I'm happy.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger sandylew said...

and - we're pretty sure you fixed the dishwasher. I wish Uncle Donnie were here to see it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home