Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mt. Rainier AWESOME Pix from 2006

Somehow I didn't post any of these photos of Mt.Rainier taken on my last trip to Indianapolis in August 2006. On this particular Sunday morning the flight was going via Phoenix, AZ and therefore to the south from Seattle. The weather was incredibly clear as we departed Seattle and I took some shots of the Puget Sound where I live. In this photo we are looking south towards Tacoma and on the extreme right the land juts in and out, and the 2nd point is about where we live just out of sight. The island in the center is Vashon Island\\


As we gained altitude and flew southward the pilot made in interesting announcement to the effect that it's a clear day and we've got permission from control to swing over for a view of Mt. Rainier. Well I could not believe what I soon saw out my window. I told myself to remain calm and just get the shots! I went for a mix of shots that included the airplane, the ground, the distance,



a little video,


and most of all as we came closer the peak of Mt.Rainier and an amazing view INTO a crater.




The sunrise cast a shadow across the peak and somehow we were at the right altitude, at the right time, etc. etc. Likely never happen again!!
When these opportunities arise I remind myself of shots missed and why. This time I had Fresh Batteries, Plenty of Memory Storage, Knowledge of the Camera, a Plan, and most of all Coolness!!! Just get the Shots!!!!!!!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

wow wow WOW!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home