Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First Post

So now I have a weBLOG. I feel so 'out there' where all can see. The name of my blog implies a bicycle angle to this blog and I think that will show at times. While commuting I often wish I could post some things I experience since the commute is an interesting one. I ride from a parking spot in Gig Harbor where I leave my van 5 miles from home and ride the remaining 12 miles to work. That ride takes me through a very busy Gig Harbor and to a bike path under the Cushman Power lines to the Tacoma Narrows crossing over the old bridge. Watching the new bridge being constructed close up is quite facinating though I focus on the narrow sidewalk on the bridge as I ride. On the Tacoma side I have to presently ride up through the 'being reconstructed for 30 days' Jackson Ave. exit area. This everchanging non-biker friendly section is challenging. There are sections with loose dirt/gravel where you can barely walk the bike let along ride. This leads to yellow ribbon guides through a paved area, to a now improved hardpacked dirt meandering pathway below the edge of the new exit ramp. Once past this I find my way up through a bike path at the new War Memorial Park and across the 6th ave corridor to Allenmore Hospital where I work. It's a fine 45 minute commute and I'll map it out soon.
Well, so much for the first entry.
Doug

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

http://www.raleighusa.com/items.asp?deptid=7&itemid=330&childid=594

Love,
s
(I wrote a longer comment before this, but the trend pc-cillin things wiped it out!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

hey, blogger! You're so out there! welcome aboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home